The Many Benefits Of Green TeaTweet
Apr 20, 2016 , 6 min read
Green Tea is laden with rich antioxidants and nutrients which have powerful effects on the body.
Below are some of the benefits of Green Tea:
1. WEIGHT LOSS: The polyphenol in Green tea works to increase the rate at which your body turns food into calories and fat oxidation. Green tea basically increases metabolism.
2. DIABETES: Green tea helps regulate glucose levels by slowing the rise of blood sugar after you eat. This prevents high insulin spikes and reduced fat storage.
3. HEART DISEASE: By working on the lining of blood vessels keeps them relaxed and calm and in turn they are able to withstand the changes in blood pressure. Formation of clots can also be prevented which is the main reason behind heart attacks.
4. HEALTHY TEETH: Green tea improves dental health by lowering the risk of infection by killing bacteria.
5. CHOLESTEROL: Green tea helps in balancing the ratio of good cholesterol and bad cholesterol in the blood.
6. Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Green tea protects brain cells from dying and it also restores the damaged brain cells. It also delays the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
7. DEPRESSION: An amino acid known as Thanine is said to be found in Green tea which is supposed to give one a relaxed feeling.
8. BLOOD PRESSURE: Consuming Green tea regularly is said to keep blood pressure in control.
9. SKINCARE: Due to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory activities, Green tea is said to prevent signs of ageing and wrinkles.
10. CANCER: Cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells. Antioxidants can protect against oxidative damage with contributes to the development of cancer. Since Green tea is a rich and powerful source of anti-oxidants, it helps in reducing the risk of cancer.
Above, you read some of the benefits of Green tea. Of course, no one or nothing can keep you completely disease-free, as your health is a result of your lifestyle and genes. Drinking Green tea all day long may not prove to have effective results if you do not take care of yourself in other ways. In order to keep your health at bay- be active, exercise regularly, eat healthy food and drink a cup of Green tea everyday.